Sunday, July 17, 2011

Amsterdam tomorrow

Our time in Paris went by so fast!
Tomorrow we leave for Amsterdam and I feel like there was so much more to see that we missed... Next time!

We went to versailles yesterday instead of the flea market. It was super crowded and not that awesome but now I can say I went there. I think I have seen enough palaces now, we saw one in Madrid too. They are nice and fancy, but it was exactly what I expected and not that interesting to me. Marie antoinette's cottage/house was cool though, they filled the rooms with couture clothes designed by all sorts of designers so that was a fun surprise.

Went on a pub crawl last night. Amy was sick so she stayed home. I met up with Lydia and Emma, two Australian girls we spent bastille day with. The pub crawl started outside moulin rouge, so that was fun to see! This one wasn't really a good deal money wise. Usually you get a free drink in each place with your 12-15 wristband... But this one you got a free shot with a drink purchase. Expensive. But I have only been eating bread and cheese so I think my budget will be okay.

Wandered around today and got our train tickets for tomorrow. We stumbled on a eurail pass line that had no people in it so we got our tickets super fast!

Went and saw the Eiffel tower light up and sparkle like Edward cullen tonight. It was so freezing out though! Definitely need to buy a jacket in Amsterdam or I may turn in to an ice cube in London and Ireland.

We booked our hostels for london and Dublin and they look like they will be awesome!

Sorry this was rushed... I'll throw some more details into my next post.

Au revoir!

1 comment: