Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Barcelona

Hola,
We are now in Barcelona!
We are staying a few minutes from la sagrada familia. There is a pretty cheap super market near by and a fruit store. Amy and I tried to make a frozen pizza tonight for dinner but you have to light the oven using a match/ light and we were nit prepared for that, so we made pasta instead. We are doing a pretty good job keeping out costs down by buying bread and cheese and pasta and bananas and trying to eat a lot of meals at home.
We are staying with a nice guy named Julian. This is our second airbnb apartment. We would prefer to stay in hostels so we can meet people, but airbnb is drastically cheaper in some cities. Booked another airbnb stay in paris.
Julian came and found us at the metro station, because we were walking the wrong way and got lost. My backpack felt a lot heavier today and it was super hot outside, so wandering around lost was not going to work.
We met a few different people at the train station yesterday while reserving tickets and today waiting to board the train.
We met a nice older man from Madrid, He told us about a bunch of different American ladies he had met when he was younger and how he used to write letters back and forth to a nice polish girl way back when he was 25 ish.
Today we met a guy who lives in Valencia but travels to Barcelona every couple days because he is a cop.

Yesterday we wandered around Valencia a little bit and saw some really cool street murals. I'll put up a few pictures. They were crazy looking up close, very detailed.

Sorry this post has been kind of jumbled, these last few days have been busy trying to get everything ready to switch cities again.

My backpack did not work out so well this time. I moved a sheet today the outside and should have had enough space for my new backpack inside, but I must have packed everything else horribly. I had to carry an extra bag in addition to backpack and purse. I'll have to try better next time.

Adios!

Ps: mom, used my scissors today, so glad I packed them! I have used them quite a few times already haha

No comments:

Post a Comment