Sunday, September 11, 2011

Petros and his pals

Update on the giant bird situation:

They are the unofficial mascots of Mykonos. There was one roaming around the island for a while and his name was petros. Petros got hit by a car in 1985 so they(those mysterious people who are always doing things) brought in three more giant birds to help keep everyone in line. Now there are three giant birds wandering around the streets. I think they are all still named petros. Or petras. But I don't want to get close enough to determine os vs as.

Also there are a billion cats here and I am thinking of filling a carry on with cats and nutella. It just feels like the right choice.

We are taking a ferry tonight to Athens. Leaving Mykonos at 7:25 and getting to Athens at midnight ish. I wish we had stayed in santorini for two weeks. The beaches here just could not compete. But there were giant birds, so I guess it was worth it.

Bobby, the pension hotel owner may or may not drive us to the port. I hope he does because I don't want to pay for a cab. I'm trying to not take any more money out of the ATM because I don't want to come home with euros I can't do anything with.

Athens plan:

Monday:
Look at acropolis.
Drink ouzo.

Tuesday:
Buy nutella to take home.
Pack bags for flight.

Wednesday:
Somehow make it to the airport by 9 ish in the morning.
Locate plane.
Check a bag.
Arrive at JFK around 3 ish.
Linger around JFK until 6 ish
Fly away home.
Arrive in Cleveland around 8:30

Sleep.
Or eat pierogies and chips and salsa.
And then sleep.

Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment